There is a wonderful dynamic of more attention being placed on our food, now more than ever. This bodes well for all of us whom value uncompromising quality and authentic ingredients we can trust to build upon for menu development. Sometimes, we have to look back to the culinary/cultural past to move cuisine forward. IDF® Chicken Fat offers authentic, interesting flavor inspiration, especially when offered as a base for an endless number of new and exciting chicken schmaltz flavors.
Chicken schmaltz represents authenticity, real food, and food with a story; these qualities also top today’s industry trend list and speak to the growing consumer desire for a greater connection with and understanding of their food. Chefs and operators are strategically aligning their businesses with this growing demand, applying these trends to product development initiatives with many classic ingredients – such as chicken fat and broth – that naturally exist within IDF’s product portfolio.
Linking consumer insights and culinary capabilities, IDF® has taken inspiration from classic schmaltz applications and applied a modern twist to its natural chicken fat ingredients in the development of a Chicken Schmaltz Bar.
The surge of animal fats featured across national menus brings the versatility of chicken fat to the forefront. The idea of a chicken schmaltz bar taps into a chef’s desire to feature real food with a story, delivering a diverse and delicious flavor platform. It brings back the classics and provides an opportunity to showcase your menu development and create a strong consumer connection.
With this in mind, IDF® has created 9 exciting chicken schmaltz flavors to spark your personal culinary innovation:
- IDF® Chicken Fat, granny smith apple, fresh rosemary, and fleur de sel
- IDF® Chicken Fat, roasted mirepoix, pommeray mustard, and fresh herb (parsley, thyme, sage)
- IDF® Chicken Fat, smoked paprika, sun-dried tomato, and toasted pine nut
- IDF® Chicken Fat, truffle salt, sautéed portabella mushroom, and scallion
- IDF® Chicken Fat, blackening seasoning, hot sauce, grilled lemon juice, and caramelized onion
- IDF® Chicken Fat, maple sweet-heat rub, BBQ sauce, and jalapeño
- IDF® Chicken Fat, basil pesto, Parmesan Reggiano, and roasted garlic
- IDF® Chicken Fat, sriracha, fresh lime juice, honey, and thick Thai soy sauce
- IDF® Chicken Fat, Chinese 5-spice, hoisin sauce, candied ginger, and toasted sesame
View the recipe for IDF® Chicken Fat, basil pesto, Parmesan Reggiano, and roasted garlic here. For more recipes, contact us!
The applications for IDF® chicken fat and flavor possibilities for chicken schmaltz are limitless. Use your creativity and tailor the end result to your operational needs.
IDF® Chicken Fat provides a flavorful finishing touch in:
- sauces, pesto, tapenade, mushroom duxelle
- sautéed vegetables
Schmaltz can be a delicious topper for:
- chicken wings (toss with)
- baked potatoes
Chicken Fat or schmaltz can provide a substitute for mayo as a creamy, satiating ingredient in:
- egg salad
- chicken salad
- deviled eggs
- mayonnaise, fresh prepared
Add chicken fat for flavoring in:
- salad dressing
- chicken (placed underneath the skin before searing for moisture and flavor)